Deep Learning Engineer - Semantic Segmentation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Do you have a passion for deep learning and computer vision problems? We are looking for someone who thrives on collaboration and wants to push the boundaries of what is possible today! Join our team of committed deep learning engineers in the Video Computer Vision group! We are a centralized applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. As a member of the Video Computer Vision group you will develop new technologies in the area of scene understanding and reasoning for Apple’s next generation products.
- Experience in designing network architectures for image2image translations tasks like Semantic Segmentation, Panoptic Segmentation and Depth Estimation
- Consistent track record of researching, inventing and/or shipping advanced machine learning algorithms
- Solid mathematical foundation of machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Strong coding skills in python and C/C++
- Proficiency in at least one major machine learning framework, such as Tensorflow, PyTorch etc.
- Creativity and curiosity for solving highly complex problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We are looking for a skilled deep learning and computer vision engineer for our team. In this role, you will perform research and development work to design algorithms for challenging real world problems in the domain of scene understanding and reasoning. Your key responsibilities in this role are: Research, design and implementation of machine learning/deep learning algorithms Benchmarking and fine tuning of machine learning/deep learning algorithms Optimizing these algorithms for real time and low power constraints Support algorithm integration into Apple products Collaboration with teams across Apple with multidisciplinary skills
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or related field with focus on machine learning, computer vision, robotics or similar; and PhD degree with focus on deep learning or alternatively a comparable industry career of 3+ years