Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The display technology team features a collaborative environment with creative and world-class products and cutting edge technologies. Team provides opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in class engineering excellence and thoroughness are expected and encouraged. Innovation, IP and patent creation are highly supported and valued. Opening up the boundaries to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences are the main goals of our team. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of algorithm development experience,
- Deep knowledge of image processing and computer vision
- Rich experience in algorithm development
- Experience in machine learning or display design and/or display test is a plus
- Familiarity with Matlab image processing toolbox or OpenCV
- Programming skills in Matlab/C/C++/Python
- Experience in data analysis and visualization with Matlab/Python/JMP
- Self-motivated, responsible, excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Up to 10% international travel
This individual will play a key role in image processing / machine learning algorithms design and development to enable display calibration and metrology. You will work closely with cross-functional design and operation groups to ensure the success of current and future Apple display products. Candidate will be responsible for, - Specify, design and implement display metrology and calibration algorithms for use during Apple new product introduction (NPI) process and mass production - Develop, optimize and debug image processing / machine learning algorithms and software - Integrate and validate algorithms in manufacturing test equipment - Evaluate efficacy of metrology algorithms as compared to human visual inspection - Define algorithm performance verification specs and review existing algorithms - Collaborate with team members responsible for deployment of your algorithms to our factories during the NPI process. - Analyze large amounts of NPI display performance data
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Optics or related field.