Software Engineer - Server Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in best user friendly efficient way. Apple is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Retail Engineering provides one of the best Apple Experience to Customers in the world, and operates in multiple countries worldwide. At Retail Engineering, the Engineering team is responsible for the global Retail platform that serves millions of customers around the world. We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer with a background in delivering complex software applications to work as part of a global Software Engineering team. We seek a highly motivated software engineer who will deliver Solutions with best of Technologies to solve business problems keeping Customer at center stage.
- 5+ years of experience in successfully delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed application.
- You have in-depth experience in object-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Spring or other MVC framework), Service Oriented Architectures and RESTFUL services, etc.
- Database schema design, and large scale platform technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop Solr/Elastic and Oracle.
- You have experience working with Messaging Systems Kafka
- Deep knowledge in high concurrency frameworks
- Exposure to Commercial Cloud (AWS/Azure) development environment
- Experience in architecture and API design
- Experience in containerization and container management
- Your past experience in working within geo distributed teams a plus
At the Retail Engineering team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QE and many other partner group to lead and deliver extraordinary engineering products in an exciting and dynamic environment. Your work will focus on building high throughput, high performance, reliable, platforms that power Retail Engineering.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience