ML and Data Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
As an engineer in the Special Projects Group, you will be part of a team building infrastructure and tools for exciting new technologies that will shape the future. You will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core tools used by the project. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. We are looking for a senior engineer to architect, build and scale a robust ecosystem for data processing and compute services. Specifically you will develop solutions that will orchestrate and support the flawless transitioning of petabytes of data through different stages like ingestion, indexing/mining, transformation, machine learning and algorithm validation. If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and relish the opportunity to deliver the next amazing Apple product, we may be the team for you!
- - You have hands-on experience in building distributed systems, including real-time streaming and batch data processing
- - You are proficient in multiple programming languages relevant for such systems (e.g. Python, Java, C++, Go)
- - You know what it takes to deploy and operate high availability production systems in the cloud
- - You have experience designing service-oriented architectures and using various data stores technologies (blob, NoSQL, and relational)
- - You have experience with cloud computing platform like AWS, GCP and Azure
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- - Experience with full stack application development
- - Experience with Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence research and development projects
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Develop and scale a data processing platform using the latest open-source technologies - Develop an ETL plugin system that will enable researchers and other developers to submit and run data processing jobs in the cloud easily - Define a consistent continuous integration/deployment model that will encourage cross-functional development teams to self-service application unit testing, deployment and operations - Influence and lead cross-functional initiatives that will align the team towards commonly used technologies and methodologies