Sr. Engineering Project Manager, AppleCare Digital
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join Apple's Application Strategy and Engineering team as a Sr. Technical Engineering Product Manager! In this role, you will manage programs for Apple’s mission critical customer facing web apps. You will foster your ideas with peers, management and other engineering groups. This is not a task-based job; managing the delivery and success of your features. We are looking for individuals with a consistent record of managing complex, customer facing projects under demanding timelines.
- - We are interested in proactive individuals with interest in contributing to overall goals.
- - Proven experience of owning and driving projects using metrics.
- - We want candidates with excellent interpersonal skills - both business facing and engineering.
- - Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills required (written and verbal).
- - Strong facilitation skills (requirements, design, progress and status meetings).
- - Strong analytic skills, proven experience understanding business needs and user experience requirements.
- - Proven experience with Agile methodologies.
- - Remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, contributing a leader first attitude.
- - Proven ability to understand technical design, trade offs; debate merits of a solution with architects and engineers as a voice for the customer.
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Interested in leading all aspects of delivering a release from analyzing business requirements, negotiating scope, working with engineers on execution plan and tracking it to completion? Then this could be the job for you! If you like to: - Conduct design workshops, craft solutions in discussion with partners. - Extract action plans from complex technical discussions. - Design and define project plans and schedules with engineers, drive project execution. - Manage dependencies across work you're doing between engineers, including coordinating with other engineering teams at Apple for joint work.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field - Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience - Background in software development preferred - MS/MBA preferred