Visual Merchandising Operations Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Are you passionate about our products and the role of Visual Merchandising to contribute to the overall product experience at Apple? Merchandising is a crucial part of our customer experience, showcasing our Hero products, Services and Accessories through the best product displays and demos. Visual Merchandising Operations (VMO) is responsible for the development and delivery of these displays through partnership with our savvy cross-functional and store teams providing our customers a best-in-class experience worldwide. The VMO Project Manager 2D will act as a point of expertise, integration and accountability for all 2D initiatives. The PM will drive the development, lead planning and lead the in-store implementation across all Apple Retail stores worldwide. Based in Cupertino, and working across Apple teams (Marcom, Merchandising, Retail Development, Retail Supply, Finance, Preservation) you are responsible for ensuring worldwide feasibility, using a deep understanding the customer journey, store operations, merchandising strategy and unique store requirements.
- Proven experience with process development, project management, problem solving and innovation management.
- 7-10 years prior merchandising, production/product development, or project management experience required. Marketing experience, client or agency side preferred.
- Experience in collaborating with internal partners to achieve goals. Demonstrated ability to influence, build rapport and credibility across multiple teams.
- Self-motivated and independent, comfortable working during intense periods under aggressive deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, while simultaneously operating at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Possess the ability to balance short-term execution needs with long-term strategic goals.
- Supply Chain Management, vendor management or creative/product development experience a plus.
- Strong aesthetic, visual design and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Excel and Keynote proficiency required.
Strategy development for all 2D initiatives across the Retail Stores — e.g. Graphics, signage systems, point-of-sale Management of the creative briefing process through ideation, timelines, development, and budget responsibility. Provide clear strategy and scope on a regular basis to leadership and partner teams. Act as the central engagement point for Field Merchandising teams, supporting Geo activities through brand initiatives. Issue comprehensive store communications and participate in alignment meetings. Partnering with Field Merchandising to build first-in-class merchandising set-up guides, handle FAQs and the store Escalators process. Maintain visual elements forecasts and distribution lists, and align with Finance partners on PO process. Improve tools and innovate systems for more efficient, secure and scalable solutions. Participate in overnight merchandising sets in stores, as well as regular store visits. Support new store openings through various deliverables. Partnering with Finance on weekly basis to review targets vs. actuals, and evolve XF collaboration.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or industry equivalent experience.