Senior Software QE/QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Come Join Apple TV+. We successfully launched Apple TV+, Apple’s new video streaming service and now we are growing! We are the team providing Apple Media content and services to the world, and building the infrastructure for next generation systems. Our apps, serving billions of requests every hour, help drive products such as iTunes App Store, Apple Music, and iTunes Store applications on iOS, Desktop, and Apple TV. We're looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer who is proactive, detail oriented, and can multi-task effectively.
- 5 + years strong object-oriented programming experience including Java.
- experience in creating and consuming RESTful web services.
- Strong background in designing or extending existing test frameworks; JUnit, TestNg.
- Worked in an Agile software development environment.
- The ability and desire to work in unfamiliar code bases to improve the quality.
- Experience with unit testing and other forms of automated testing with API.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with meticulous attention to detail and with a diligent mindset.
- Experienced in UNIX-based systems for debugging, analysis, and automation.
- The tenacity to overcome obstacles,in pursuit of technical objectives.
- Evangelize software testing best practices and Influence architecture and design decisions.
- Ability to define and execute comprehensive server-side tests.
- Creative thinker and passionate about quality.
Seeking an expert, self-motivated quality engineer. You will work with the latest Apple Media Products. In this role, testing will target API platform. Working closely with engineering teams to ensure product quality. The effort includes API functional testing, API test development, execution of automated tests and bug reporting/regression,. The successful candidate should have a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work on complex projects. Strong collaboration with engineering teams and an ability to thrive under pressure. Day to day duties: Building automation systems or software infrastructure with API. Execute manual, automated and API tests, focused on data quality. Analyze test results, conduct defect isolation by means of data-mining and comparative analysis.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.