Center of Excellence – Operations Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Center of Excellence – Operations Program Manager Location: Cupertino, CA Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. We believe that it’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry leading environment efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Center of Excellence (COE) was designed to drive innovation and improvement for Apple Operations. Our program management team is the hub that facilitates application of standard methodologies, research, support, and training, and enables change initiatives for leadership within operations and external groups. As our organization grows and becomes more complex, the COE team identifies and brings together resources with evolution of skill sets and knowledge, to help bring more efficiencies, consistency in practices and takeaways across organizations. We also help generate greater alignment to develop new innovative ideas, pushing the status quo and accelerating expansion of greatness of Apple beyond unimaginable limits
- A proven track record of planning and leading strategic complex programs with the ability to execute at a tactical level and complete project implementations.
- Tried ability to work efficiently in a highly complex cross-functional environment.
- A strong communicator, analytical, big picture thinker and ability to influence senior executives and cross-functional teams
- 10 - 15 years of experience in consumer electronics or supply chain, deep knowledge of manufacturing processes, building products or software, product quality, data systems and tools, AI-Machine learning concepts, manufacturing equipment automation, familiar with SMART and environment challenges and improvement initiatives.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 15%
- You will be key to inspiring and building trust to enable engagement across many disciplines - Share findings of existing processes and tools, as well as strategize deployment and adoption of innovative solutions for the future to take each group to next level - Collaborate with each COE leader to create scope, mission and goals. - Help COE leaders to establish regular steering committee meetings, plan and manage executive meetings, implement regular reporting, and ensure execution of actions and deliverables. - Cultivate a strong cohesive environment, with ability to adapt to different team cultures, think big and out of the box. Connecting the dots to herd all groups into a single overall COE culture is the key success factor of this role. - Strong project management, people, and leadership skills to handle various diversified expertise. You can work at both a strategic and detailed level. - Establish and govern a consistent cadence and structure for meetings and identify who in the group owns various responsibilities. - Influencing skills to interact with senior executive consensus, and drive COE groups deliverables planned and implemented. - Be a key driving force to develop a system of shared project management resources; common platform could include templates, calendars, webpages, tools, and work standards that are accessible to everyone who is involved in the tasks at hand. - Create incentivize tools and ways to monitor all participants’ adherence to ensure consistency. - Help coordinate annual COE communications event. - Inspire innovative ideas and strategies that bring efficiency into Apple's business. - Manage improvements through collaboration and influencing a diversified group culture. - Communicate measurable results. - Once scope and nature of the COE is identified, identify meeting cadence and information needed to onboard. - Establish a hub to share tools, templates, processes and updates on the COE’s activities. - Drive improvement and change within the organization.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Business Management or engineering discipline, with strong program management background. MBA is desired.