SEAR - Endpoint Security Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Endpoint Security team is reshaping the security capabilities and manageability of Macs and other devices. We are seeking candidates with a great mix of software engineering know-how, risk assessment methodology, and security engineering practices & tooling that is passionate about macOS and protecting against advanced risks. You will join the Security Engineering and Architecture organization which provides operating system security foundations across all of Apple’s innovative products, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. You will contribute to the entire system, from the kernel up through libraries, frameworks, and applications. As an engineer, you will have the opportunity to majorly impact the design and implementation of Apple’s desktop and operating system products, collaborating closely with all other security stakeholders, ranging from our Silicon Engineering group to our Cloud Services group. Successful candidates will be generalists capable of tackling challenging wide-ranging engineering problems anywhere in the software stack, determining the appropriate compromise between several often competing factors such as ease of use, performance, and of course security. Our environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration, and a liberating amount of autonomy in which you will be expected to build and quickly bring to market new security methods and technologies to address the complex needs of mobile and distributed computing. The position also has a strong cross-functional aspect that will require you to interact with and influence many people from several organizations within and outside the company.
- A genuine passion for creating effective and pragmatic security technologies in the operating systems arena
- Understanding of past, current, and emerging malware and security exploits
- Excellent C and systems programming skills
- Expert familiarity with multiple programming languages and secure coding practices
- Solid understanding of operating systems internals
- Industry exposure to and knowledge of OS security and applied cryptography
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Able to discuss risk assessments with audiences of various technical & business backgrounds
- Excellent teamwork skills: We work with all engineering teams involved in Apple products, and on all of their code
- Design and implement new approaches to endpoint protection, malware detection & mitigation, auditing, and fleet management to help protect our customers - Come up with new and innovative ways of increasing security, manageability, and transparency while preserving privacy and ease-of-use - Work cooperatively with other parts of Apple on cross-functional technologies and initiatives to enhance security - Evangelize and drive the adoption of these technologies across the organization - Working cross-functionally with other software, hardware, marketing, and support teams to provide the best security solutions for Apple’s products
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent networking software development experience.