Full Stack Web Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Join us on the journey towards building the data science platform for Apple. Working alongside with some of the best data scientists and engineers in the industry, we are developing processes, infrastructure and software to simplify and optimize their workflow. If you are thrilled by challenges, here is your opportunity to tackle a few at Apple scale. It is fun when petabyte is 'small data' and when every small task you accomplish can improve the experience for millions of customers.
- Experience developing, testing and maintaining rich web experiences with UIs that address deep domains with high volumes of data.
- Experience bringing an impactful feature or experience to fruition by collaborating with diverse teams.
- Experience maintaining a living and complex codebase with a modern stack.
- Avid learner who follows or participates in dev community events and content.
- Possesses great synthesis and communication skills.
- Expertise with cloud services, such as AWS.
- Expertise in building highly available production services, including deployment automation, infrastructure-as-code, monitoring, and scaling.
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs.
In this role you will be working on one or more web applications that enable other teams within Apple to make use of their data. You will be exposed to a large domain where you will be taking part in synthesizing complex workflows to produce experiences that help users visualize, understand and manage various aspects of their datasets. To accomplish this, you will be expected to efficiently collaborate and communicate with large and diverse teams and take part in the ownership of the user experience design, implementation and maintenance. This will involve producing and challenging wireframes and user-flows, implementing them with test-covered code, and slowly evolving codebases alongside community advancements. The position is full-time and onsite in either San Francisco or Santa Clara Valley.
Education & Experience
BA / BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.