Manager, Engineering Project Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we deliver products, technologies and services to inspire creativity and enrich lives. Apple has become one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the world. As such, we hold ourselves to the highest standards to deliver the best Retail experience second to no one. The IS&T Retail Engineering organization has the goal of providing an intuitive, flawless and inspiring customer experience interacting with our people, products and services. This senior Engineering program manager will manage and own programs by mobilizing key team members across both business and IS&T leaders to influence, drive and implement groundbreaking retail concepts into reality.
- Responsible for direct program deliverables (scope, schedule, costs)Responsible for oversight management of their team’s projects (scope, schedule and costs)Must exude confidence around Product and IS&T executives (Directors, Sr. Directors, VPs and SVPs)In-depth experience operating in an e-Commerce environment - both people and technology
- Must possess excellent people skills to influence others
- Executive presence required when communicating/presenting (both written and verbal)Ability to lead, take action and provide goal-oriented direction in the face of ambiguity Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Great teammate with ability to partner at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to multi-task own activities across diverse business units and geographical boundaries Comfortable expressing a point of view and inspiring change — process improvement expert
- Knowledge of Apple Retail and core products and operating systems preferred
- Validated ability to identify, develop and retain key employee talent
- Must have a passion for process re-engineering — driving predictability while enabling innovation
- 5 years e-commerce programs and product management experience
- 5 +years experience Software Development Lifecycle experience (i.e. Waterfall, Agile)
- Minimum of 5 years people manager experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing program teams in a matrixed environment
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience in (software/technology field)
You have executive presence and will encourage, mobilize and lead special projects with a focus on common deliverables, goals and timelines. This role will partner across Apple Leadership including IS&T, Retail (Online & Stores), Legal, Internal Audit, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance. Candidate must possess the following strengths: Deal with Ambiguity: You are comfortable and confident working in a dynamic environment, partnering with teams and senior leadership to move through the unknown. Flexibility when handling directional changes and ability to concurrently balance multiple large-scale programs. Confidence in the ability to listen and be patient with others working across varied organizations will highlight differences on how Apple departments operate.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of ten years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of experience Masters/MBA preferred.