Sensors SQA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Sensors System Quality team is looking for a highly motivated and creative QA and Automation Engineer with excellent analytical, programming and interpersonal skills. The position requires a critical thinker with strong debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new sensor technologies, creating and running well thought out tests and experiments and effectively analyzing data produced. This is your chance to join a key team driving the quality of future Apple products!
- Customer Focused: Passionate about the customer experience and what we can do to improve it
- Experience in automation using scripting or other languages (Python, PERL, Bash)
- Experience using Robotics to build automated solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies & practices
- Strong debugging experience and ability to investigate and triage difficult problems
- Good understanding of Hardware/Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience presenting data to cross-functional teams and/or management
- Ability to make data driven decisions on a regular basis
- Detail oriented and strive for product excellence
As a Sensors System QA engineer, you will be expected to: - Take ownership of a technical area and develop, maintain automation solutions for it - Develop test plans and other test documentation required for sensor validation and features utilizing sensors. - Understand and drive appropriate customer focussed performance metrics for sensors - Review existing test coverage and identify areas for improvement - Identify, reproduce and isolate bugs and report issues in accordance with Apple bug reporting methods and testing guidelines - Provide project managers and cross functional teams with detailed status and progress throughout the hardware/software development cycle - Evaluate existing tools and opportunities to incorporate new tools into the testing process
Education & Experience
- BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent (MS preferred)
- - Knowledge of Ambient light sensor, Depth sensing camera technology, and other sensor technologies.
- - Display technology knowledge and experience is a plus
- - Familiarity with augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) applications.
- - Computer Vision/Machine Learning knowledge is a plus
- - Ability to design user studies and perform qualitative and quantitative analysis