CAD Engineer - FPGA
Portland, Oregon, United States
Do you love creating sophisticated solutions to highly complex challenges and intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this hands-on role, you will utilize your experience in CAD to support our Validation flows (Emulation, Prototyping, FV) and customers. You will develop automation around infrastructure to make sure we use the systems in a more robust fashion. You will work with the FPGA, Emulation and FV teams to understand areas that need automation and streamline processes to ensure that the flows are scalable. Last but not least, you will contribute towards building a platform where one could run verification/validation tool suites from within one system.
- 5+ years experience in relevant field preferred, but not required.
- Expertise in coding in Perl and TCL
- Expertise in administration of Batch Queue Systems (LSF, NC, SGE)
- Expertise in configuration management (Puppet, Chef) on multiple platforms
- Excellent debugging skills and experience in using Debuggers (gdb, strace)
- Expertise in administrating Unix, experience with Linux containers is a plus
- Expertise in using and administrating databases (MySQL)
- Experience with revision control systems
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools is a plus
- Experience in Emulation/FPGA/FV tools (Synplify Pro, Vivado, Protium, Palladium, ZebuServer, JasperGold) is a plus
- Excellent communication and social skills, previous customer support is a key.
Your responsibilities on our team will include: Contributing towards developing a scalable Infrastructure and provide Monitoring, Data Analysis and Web Interfaces that can support growing customer demand from various customers within Apple Co-developing a job scheduler for efficient use of our Emulation farm and FPGA boards. Working together with other CAD engineers to integrate your solutions in other flows. Utilizing your debugging experience to debug vendor tool problems and interacting with designers to help tackle their problems.
Education & Experience
MS/BS Degree in technical field