Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Online Store is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial Senior Performance Engineer to join our Engineering team. You will deliver projects sought at improving the hugely successful Apple Online Store. Apple Online Store is the Apple Inc’s global e-commerce platform present in 39 countries. You must enjoy rolling up the sleeves and collaborating on a multidisciplinary team and be hardworking to explore groundbreaking technologies.
- 5+ years of proven experience in successfully delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application.
- Good experience with Cloud Technologies (like AWS, Google, Azure), for example Route53, NLB, EC2, VPC, CloudWatch etc.
- In-depth experience in object oriented programming like Java and/or C++, services oriented Architecture, restful web services, and api integration.
- Good understanding of Linux OS concepts, CPU performance, Load Avg, Network analysis, Memory utilization, JVM Garbage Collection strategies etc.
- Experience with performance analysis of large scale cloud based application system.
- Understanding concepts like Connection Pooling, Load balancers, max connections, rate limiting, traffic routing, network latency.
- Caching Technologies like memcached, CDN/Edge Servers
- TLS Encryption, security, web application firewall (WAF)
- RDBMS and NoSQL DB concepts.
We are looking for a self starting, upbeat individual with excellent written and communication skills, who is a great teammate, but not afraid to question assumptions and take initiative. As part of the AOS Engineering team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver world class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. We require an architect/experienced web application developer who can understand and analyze application design, integrations, and performance bottlenecks. Person will be responsible of AOS Performance, Scalability and Traffic Routing for On-Prem and in cloud as well. Also responsible for Fleet design, H/w and Capacity Planning. Fleet health analysis and monitoring CPU, Memory, Disk I/0, etc. Network efficiency analysis, cloud fleet design, auto-scaling. Your work will passionate about building high efficiency, high performance, and reliable Apple online stores.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE or equivalent