Product Manager, Personalized Merchandising and Recommendations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading health and environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution and collaborating with teams where little mentorship fuels your creativity? The Digital Experience Management team is responsible for the evolution of the core platform and applications used to support and manage the Apple Online Store. We are looking for a Product Manager for Personalized Merchandising and Recommendations to join the team. This role will work closely with our team of engineers, data scientists, machine learning experts and other product managers to help define the Merchandising and Recommendations roadmap and work with engineering to roll out core new capabilities that help support customer-facing features that are being defined by our User Experience teams. This individual needs to have a deep technical understanding of the various aspects of an e-commerce platform. They will fluently communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and extrapolate technical requirements from business requirements. They will also adopt the change management portions of platform initiatives in order to ensure success of these pivotal programs. You have in-depth experience working in e-commerce product teams within large-scale companies taking the products from design to final delivery including extensive workflows mapping. You are self-directed, operationally minded and motivated, with strong analytical, project management and influencing skills. You have deep expertise in personalization and recommendation engines. You have a knack for understanding application interfaces from a user perspective, as well as being able to clearly articulate requirements to engineering and product management partners.
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience in large-scale e-commerce product teams (required)
- Experience with personalization and recommendations engines
- Deep understanding of relevant technologies including product data, content management systems and machine learning
- Excellent written and presentation abilities. Effectively able to communicate to a global audience and to management.
- Demonstrated success in business process improvement / re-engineering.
- Ability to clearly articulate strategy and requirements to partners, engineering, analytics and business partners.
- Decision making and prioritization skills; experience planning complex production schedules.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- Exhibits high degree of ownership and accountability
- Uncompromising focus on the highest quality.
- Have a proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to get results across a broad cross functional team.
- Work with Digital Merchandisers to gather requirements around merchandising and workflows. - Collaborate with software UI/UX designer to create intuitive UI and workflow. - Translate requirements into generic personalization and recommendations engine capabilities that are extensible to all projects and channels. - Drive detailed requirement definitions intended for the engineering teams. - Partner with other product management teams to communicate project status, resolve issues, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time. - Understand and discuss technical concepts and handle trade-offs with internal partners and engineering. - Collaborate with engineering to conduct RFPs and evaluate third party technologies for appropriateness, if necessary. - Collaborate on a continuous basis with other product management track owners, analyze impact of upcoming new features, identify software requirements and include these in the product roadmap. - Consult in development of launch plans, ensure detailed planning of deliverables. - Identify and drive business process changes needed to support new products once released into production. - Be responsible for identifying and leading business process re-engineering opportunities.
Education & Experience
Completion of an undergraduate or graduate Computer Science degree ( Required ) Consistent record delivering complex technology projects demonstrating a broad set of technologies in the consumer e-commerce domain. Experience with technology architecture. Strong technical or engineering expertise