Global Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in an energizing environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If you are passionate about innovating to deliver insights through large-scale data solutions, then Apple’s Global Business Intelligence Data Analyst role is for you. Work with a team of committed Data Analytics professionals, applying your standout combination of intuition for business and technical knowledge. The GBI Data Analyst maintains a strong awareness of the data and systems utilized by the business teams they partner with. This person is responsible for hands on collaboration with business partners to understand their needs, engagement and iteration on usage of existing data, driving Enterprise Semantic requirements, and much more.
- Ability to partner with technical business teams, ensuring that the Data Team is actively engaging, developing a deep understanding of current data needs, as well as driving data strategy for GBI
- Hands-on experience engineering and documenting process flows
- Validated expertise with Tableau, SQL and other data visualization tools
- Hands-on experience leading technology projects and ability to drive cooperation between Data Team, Application Managers and the rest of GBI
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Able to effectively coordinate work and communication across disparate groups of individuals and levels in the organization
- Thrive in a dynamic environment, maintaining poise and a positive attitude
- Demonstrate solid grasp of development processes and agile methodologies
- Communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical users
- Possess a very high degree of natural curiosity to drive the next levels of business questions and insights
- Demonstrate resilience and flexibility, in the midst of ambiguity, to drive business impacting change
- Experience with or advanced courses on data science and machine learning is a plus
Identify analytics opportunities that will craft the future of the GBI team by explaining methodology to business users, implementing analysis and interpreting results. Work with a team of developers who execute quick turn and long lead analytics projects that provide insights into our customers and business trends. Partner with business owners to understand specific requirements for analysis of data. Define and analyze your client organization’s strategy, direction, and structure. Develop models and tools to allow for insightful analysis. Identify and document system deficiencies and recommend solutions. Publish and communicate results, ensuring timely and accurate reports are delivered to the teams. Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, perform effectively under dynamic conditions such as directional changes, tight deadlines and limited resources, is a must. Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are important.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.