Optical Test and Metrology Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Apple is looking for a highly motivated Optical Test and Metrology Engineer to join the Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering team.
- Proven hands-on optical measurement experience in areas such as image quality measurements (MTF, contrast, uniformity), radiometry, and photometry.
- Experience developing test systems to measure optical performance of components, subassemblies and assemblies.
- Experience with a broad range of optical systems (interferometers, LEDs, lasers, optical breadboarding and alignment techniques).
- Attentive to detail, with proven ability to produce professional, high-quality test tools and documentation.
- Hands-on experience with hardware and software for tool interface, data collection, and analysis.
- Flexible and collaborative, willing to work in fast paced product and technology development prototype assembly line
- Familiarity with optical modeling tools (LightTools, Zemax, etc.) and with statistical process control techniques is a plus
You will be responsible for developing test instruments and methods in the area of diffractive optics. Responsibilities will span working with the team to identify relevant tests, drafting test-plans, crafting, prototyping and building metrology tools to perform the tests, optimizing the test, and detailing the use for adoption by other team members. A successful candidate needs to be flexible, receptive to ideas from others, team oriented, and willing to work with technologists, engineers and others to push the technology envelop. Expect this work to include collaborating with multi-functional teams responsible for crafting and producing exciting new displays and assembly technologies. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - The ideal candidate will be encouraged to both identify and develop test methods and use them to measure the performance of devices being fabricated by the rest of the team.
Education & Experience
MS with 5+ years of experience in optical engineering, physics, electrical engineering or related field.