Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Online Store is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial senior software engineer to join the Apple Online Store Engineering team. You will deliver projects sought at improving the hugely successful Apple Online Store.
- 5 - 10 years overall Software Engineer/Developer experience.
- Programming in Java, Scala, C++ with experience in Spring or DI frameworks
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- You will design multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric web applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in application security.
- Knowledge and experience with service-oriented architecture!
- You have expert knowledge of computer science, with great understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- We are looking for an individual with demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Strong leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and best engineering practices.
We are looking for a self starting, upbeat individual with excellent written and communication skills, who is a great teammate, but not afraid to question assumptions and take initiative. As part of the AOS Engineering team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver world class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Your work will focus on building high efficiency, high performance, reliable, server-side web application architecture, features and UI.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience in SpringMVC.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL DB is plus.
- Experience with high traffic eCommerce applications.
- Working knowledge of software development methods and processes including Waterfall and Agile development practices.
- Experience working in a Unix environment.