Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is investigating LED technologies to develop future generations of display products. We are searching for a Display Technologist to join our team to help drive this development, bringing skills in semiconductor device characterization, fabrication, and packaging.
- A background in Applied Physics or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), with deep understanding of semiconductor device physics; Solid background in semiconductor optoelectronic devices with III/V material experience preferred;
- Hands-on proficiency in working on design, process, characterization, and packaging of semiconductor devices
- Proven capability to set up test equipment, develop test software, and automate tests;
- Proficiency in data analysis and basic computer-programming skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Perform LED based device testing and data analysis: • Devise, set up, and perform wafer level and panel level testing equipment; • Collaborate with data post-processing and simulation specialists for defining testing conditions and data interpretation; • Apply knowledge of semiconductor device physics to provide feedback and insight to the device design and fabrication groups; Participate in design and fabrication of semiconductor LED device test vehicles and prototypes: • Interfacing with the fabrication team, develop mask sets compatible with process flow to realized wafer level test vehicles or further display panel prototypes; • Collaborate with device packaging team to fabricate prototypes, and collect the prototype performance data; • It is highly desirable for the candidate to be able to interface with electrical engineering teams to develop display driving electronics; Work with internal teams and external suppliers to assess new technologies and drive related development work.
Education & Experience
PhD degree, or a Master degree