Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
IImagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. JOB SUMMARY The AOS team is responsible for delivering the e-commerce systems and solutions that enable and support the buying experience on apple.com. We build one of the slickest e-commerce site on planet while keeping Apple brand at the forefront in every aspect of the engineering. Our solutions are designed for global reach while keeping the regional nuances in mind. We use the latest in open source technologies in addition to building our own frameworks. The breadth of our engineering spans front-end technologies, middleware services, application servers, AWS infrastructure and various type of relational and noSql databases and sure to cater to anyone looking for a meaningful career in a highly visible and rewarding environment.
- Experience in system architecture and system solutions to business requirement
- Strong database design/architecture experience, strong RDBMS concepts and working experience, data modeling, must have worked on generating Entity Relationship Diagrams and data flow diagrams
- Application development and design experience delivering java based real world client/server applications
- Strong knowledge and command on SQL, PL SQL, Performance Tuning — concepts and hands on experience
- Working experience with NoSQL such as Cassandra, Couchbase, mongoDB
- Good technical understanding of noSQL databases, architecture, clusters management, Query language, Understanding of Linux and role of Linux settings in noSQL database performance
- Experience and detailed understanding of Cloud based systems/database architecture & distributed databases over Cloud e.g. AWS Services (EC2, EBS, S3, SES, VPC, IAM etc) and databases e.g. RDS Aurora, DynamoDB
- Understanding and working knowledge of SOLR/elastic search — good to have
- Experience scaling the database layer using techniques like caching or sharding
- Experience in developing highly scalable, and high performance distributed systems - Must have experience with DB replication technologies e.g. Oracle Golden Gate/Active Data Guard (ADG)
- Hands-on experience with database modeling, performance analysis and tuning
- Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time
- Good Scripting and Automation experience — python, Unix, Shell scripting (java knowledge is plus)
- Proficient and efficient with Development tools - IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ), Ansible, GIT etc
- Good oral/written communication skills
You will be responsible to come up with efficient Design/Data Models for highly scalable systems, Development, Testing, Production, Go-Live till Warranty, Provide design/architecture mentorship to development and multi-functional teams as and when needed, perform technical reviews for multi-functional application teams, provide technical leadership to the team, evaluate new technologies/solutions and develop working Proof of Concepts (POCs), automate database deployment process, provide leadership in building and implementing scalable/secure/robust and high availability solutions, work on migration to AWS platform, work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the software lifecycle in optimally delivering outstanding, large scale systems. Apart of this, you would be involved in automation and database monitoring, Database architecture and operations, handle and support Oracle and noSQL databases in multiple non-prod and prod env (both on-premise data centers and cloud), work with extended teams to supervise and provide technical leadership as part of day-to-day duties. The candidate is encouraged to be ambitious and pro-active individual.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent.