Software Engineer, Telemetry Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Come help us build the next generation of Telemetry Services across Apple. The Telemetry Services Engineering team is building software to provide full-stack observability of some of our most exciting services including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, Apple Pay and all the infrastructure that these utilize.
- 7 plus years experience in building scalable, multi-tenant software in Java (or Scala).
- Experience with data processing technologies like Storm/ Flink/ Spark.
- Experience using at least one NoSQL database such as Cassandra/ HBase.
- Solid understanding of concurrency control, data structures, algorithms and scalable system design.
- Ability to influence, drive consensus in a team of intelligent and opinionated engineers.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment.
- Experience with Python or Go is a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with observability systems (metrics, logs, traces) is a plus.
- Experience with ElasticSearch/Solr/Lucene is desirable.
As an engineer on the Telemetry Services team, you will: Design and implement micro services, data processing and event driven pipelines. Model database schemas and implement interactions with NoSQL databases. Utilize streaming solutions such as kafka & spark to provide realtime insights from large datasets. Work closely with cross-functional teams and users to enable effective and proactive application monitoring. Meet tight project deadlines, excel under pressure and be able to manage short and long term projects.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent employment