DevOps Manager, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay is transforming the industry in payments, transit and identity, and we’re aggressively focusing on the customer’s digital wallet experience. Our scale and security demands create unique opportunities for innovative and creative solutions which contribute to millions of customer’s daily interactions.
- Experience leading engineering projects from inception to shipped software.
- Excellent decision-maker – balance risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple.
- Solid ability to manage to deadlines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive timely results
- Proficient at managing multiple efforts at a time.
- Experience with code repositories (Git), continuous integration tools (e.g., TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven or Gradle)
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
- Experience working on improving CI/CD tools, processes and procedures.
- Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm… Yup, you’ve seen it all.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
We are looking for an ambitious leader with strong technical and social skills. You will be leading a team of DevOps engineers to support our rapid growth and produce quality; primary internal customers will be the development, quality assurance and build and release teams. This new role will be a key part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at Apple Pay with a broad impact across product and customer experiences. Job duties include the following: You will drive build infrastructure and tooling to support Apple Pay product initiatives. You must be flexible and able to bounce between varied tasks efficiently. You must have a passion for the highest quality and reliability. Build applications and tools to reduce barriers, decrease friction and speed up delivery of products. Scale existing technologies (or promote new technologies) to out-pace current growth projections. Provide technical guidance, troubleshooting expertise, and architectural insight to development, quality, and site reliability teams.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent