Global Freight Planning Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! As a member of the Worldwide Logistics Operations, Global Freight Planning team, you will be responsible for the development, measurement, analytics and reporting of key analyses in support of global logistics activities. You will also lead key operational programs in support of global logistical strategies working with Apple’s regional logistics and WW cross-functional teams (e.g. Planning, New Product Operations, etc.).
- Coordinate and publish the 2 quarter Inbound (Air/Sea/Ground) shipment forecast (Origin-Destination) taking into consideration, planned output, packaging characteristics, carrier commitments by working with planning and logistics partners. Develop contingency plans as needed.
- Manage distribution and transportation capacity planning and contingencies for seasonality, new product launches and sustaining operations.
- Drive and own the yearly Global Air Freight (GAR) and Global ocean rate (GOR) Forecast for Apple.
- Develop detailed Daily Lift plans for NPI (new product introductions), work with regional teams to review available lift and plan proactively for incremental lift (as needed) to get product landed at point of sale.
- Evaluate Supply and Demand changes and impacts it may have on logistics. Partner closely with WW Supply Demand Management and the Regional logistics team and be the bridge to ensure communication is clear and concise.
- Compile material for the bi-weekly Global Freight Sync and be able to report and present analytical findings to Manager/Director level.
- Support tool development for logistics including but not limited to freight forecasting, logistics cost analysis, wiki’s and databases. Be the voice of WW logistics for Capital Project initiatives. Partner with BPR (Business Process Re-engineering), DS (Decision Support), BI (Business Intelligence), Regional Logistics teams to get the most optimal result for Apple.
Support supply chain and network modeling / gravity studies (taking a holistic supply chain view: impact of transportation, warehouse and inventory costs as well as customer service level tradeoffs). High visibility and interaction with business management customers on major projects as well as tactical and strategic initiatives. Ability to demonstrate leadership in assisting senior management in working with the business to develop and execute supply chain solutions strategy and roadmap. Responsible for maintaining effective and proactive relationships with matrixed team members. Ability to motivate change and manage global projects/initiatives. Ability to recommend or make key project decisions to management. Strong analytical skills. Strong project management skills. Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Strong knowledge of business disciplines (supply chain management, supply network planning, demand planning, logistics, etc.). Dedicated to meeting project/initiative objectives and willing to put in extra effort when required to ensure quality and timely deliverables. Ability to travel internationally.
Education & Experience
5 years of experience in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or other Supply Chain discipline with a BS/BA degree. MBA/Master’s degree a plus. Expert user skills in MS Excel. Project Management and/or Supply Chain certifications are a plus. Knowledge of SAP, relationship databases (e.g. MS Access, MySQL, etc.), Six-Sigma are pluses.