Software Engineer - Cloud Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This position can be located in Santa Clara Valley (CA) or Austin (TX) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple lines of business, we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and extract the value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, SRE/devops engineers and managers.
- 4+ experience in Software development for Kubernetes and Cloud
- Good programming skills in Python, Go or Java.
- Experience building platform and application for scalability, high throughput, low latency and availability
- Strong Experience in Infrastructure deployment tools like Spinnaker, Cloud formation, Teraform, helm charts
- Good Understanding of Data Security on Cloud based applications
- Deep Understanding of Networking concepts on Cloud, like VPCs, Route 53, Security Groups, NLB/ALB on AWS
- Strong background in transforming the applications into cloud native environments.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming skills like Java.
- Deep experience in CI-CD pipeline & tools like Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Strong background in Config/deployment management tools like Ansible, Salt, Chef & Puppet.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills and hunger for learning new technologies
Join Apple's Applied Machine Learning Team, as a Software Engineer - Cloud Platform, to build & support innovative software products . Candidates should have strong background in developement of software platfrom running in kubernetes and cloud. The main responsibilities for this position include: Build & Support CI/CD Platform and tooling for heterogenous on prem and off prem cloud environment Build K8 operators for deployment and manageability Build tools to monitor & manage the high performance and low latency applications in hybrid cloud environment Troubleshoot scalability, performance and reliability issues in the platfrom managing multiple data science and fraud use cases. Involvement in challenging and fast paced projects supporting Apple's business by delivering innovative solutions. Keep an eye on future platform direction and explore and proof of concept of new technologies in Kubernetes, Cloud and big data ecosystem.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science with 7+ years or MS plus 4+ years experience or related experience.
- - Experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or other container orchestration framework
- - Experience building and operating large scale hadoop/spark data infrastructure used for machine learning in a production environment
- - Experience in tuning complex hive and spark queries
- - Expertise in debugging hadoop/spark/hive issues using Namenode, datanode, Nodemanager, spark executor logs.
- - Experience in Capacity management on multi tenant hadoop cluster
- - Experience in Workflow and data pipeline orchestration (Oozie,Jenkins etc.)
- - Experience in Jupyter based notebook infrastructure.