Manager Hardware Engineering Lab Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Hardware Engineering Lab Services team is committed to providing outstanding service to Apple’s global R&D engineering teams by handling the Purchase-to-Pay processing of capital equipment for engineering product development labs and the annual licenses & maintenance renewals for 3rd party software used by the electrical and mechanical engineering teams. We are seeking a terrific people manager who is not shy of rolling up their sleeves and becoming an integral part of a highly functioning team that takes phenomenal pride in their work and tackles the complexities of purchasing & delivering equipment to the engineering development labs so Apple’s engineering talent can focus on designing and crafting outstanding products. We work hard (and have fun doing it), put partnership above individual glory, and place high value on the relationships we build with our teams and multi-functional partners.
- In-depth knowledge of the Purchase-to-Pay process
- Solid understanding of financial terms
- Experience managing, prioritizing and maintaining a wide range of data and placing meaning to information
- Work practices allow you to scale and absorb work commensurate with growing work volume and/or team size
- Outstanding critical thinking skill set with the ability to link strategic objectives to tactical work activities
- Ability to provide direction and instill a sense of confidence that your team is heading down the right path
- Can handle personnel issues as they arise in a professional, compassionate manner
- Experience mentoring your direct reports and assisting them with their career development
- You can drive what really matters, prioritize accordingly, and get others behind you
As the manager of the Lab Services team, you will be responsible for a team of 8 people. You will be encouraged to triage purchase order requests for completeness prior to passing on for processing by your team and you ensure all purchase requests are submitted and processed in a consistent and timely manner. You will ensure invoices are being paid and processed as part of fiscal quarter end. In addition to capitalized hardware purchases, your team is also responsible for the license & maintenance renewals for all 3rd party software used by the electrical and mechanical engineering teams. You are expected to track the Purchase-to-Pay statistics on a monthly basis, providing you with insights on who is using the services of your team, what services are growing, and how you need to plan for projected growth patterns. Proactive communication of your team’s service offering is critical as the company continues to grow, both domestically and internationally. You are encouraged to build business partnerships across many organizations, including but not limited to, hardware engineering, finance, real estate / facilities, environmental health & safety, tax, manufacturing operations, procurement, and global supply management. You provide strong leadership attributes, are open-minded, and a good listener when receiving feedback from your team & your customers for improvement opportunities. One of your key attributes is being naturally, genuinely conducive as proven by your daily interactions with others. Your team looks to you for mentorship to the most complex issues and you don’t just give out answers, but rather partner with them on the resolution discovery process.
Education & Experience
4 year college degree in a Finance or Business Administration discipline 5+ YEARS IN A FINANCE RELATED ROLE 2+ years in a management / leadership role