Field Service Tools Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
As part of the AppleCare organization, the Field Service Tools Quality Engineer is responsible for the performance of product service diagnostics. They support development and sustain service diagnostic tools for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Beats products. Main tasks focus on development, qualification, deployment, and performance metric tracking of a variety of service and repair tools. This exciting position seeks an outstanding, ambitious, and experienced individual who possesses strong technical and leadership skills.
- Outstanding analytical and technical problem solving skills
- Experience with industry standard data analysis tools and techniques, Excel master, JMP, SQL, Python, Pearl scripting, etc
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of complex technical challenges
- Strong leadership skills and highly proactive
- Strong drive for results and must be a great teammate
- 8+ years of work experience serving in an engineering or highly technical role
- Experience with handheld/portable device design, manufacture, or field service & repair is required
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of quality fundamentals such as TQM or 6-sigma is highly desired
Support machine learning-based diagnostic development and sustaining performance management. Support qualification of field service repair process and tools. Perform field diagnostics QA testing. Manage and report on key performance metrics, identify and resolve issues. Perform impact analysis on issues and opportunities. Lead root cause analysis and corrective action. Perform hands-on troubleshooting of device field captures. Resolve diagnostic & repair tool field escalations. Support service tools at screening and repair centers. Travel 10-15%. Open to Sunnyvale, CA and Austin, TX.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Technical degree is required, Masters degree desired