Revenue Financial Analyst - Retail Sales Finance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
- 4+ years of Corporate Finance, FP&A, or related forecast/planning experience
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills. Shown ability to distill complex decisions into simple but comprehensive financial models
- The ability to prioritize and balance multiple deliverables with competing timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Professional experience that includes presenting a compelling point of view directly to senior leadership
- Proven success developing processes and/or improving existing processes, with a desire to inspire change across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze data at a macro and micro level
- High degree of proficiency in Excel required, strongly prefer experience with Tableau and enterprise software systems (SAP / BPC, Essbase)
As a Financial Analyst and part of the WW Retail Sales Finance team, you are the subject matter expert of Retail revenue and margin, which includes the Apple Online Store and as well as the 500+ physical Apple Store locations around the world. This is one of the few groups within Apple Finance with global scope. The ideal candidate is one who has been a top performer in his or her career with a proven track record of accomplishments. Primary responsibilities consist of: FORECASTING Develop Retail’s weekly and quarterly revenue forecast, segmented by product, country, and channel Understand how variables such as historical performance, seasonality, promotions affect the current business trends Prepare a comprehensive forecast assumption analysis to present to WWSF and Retail leadership regarding contra-revenue and sales programs existing in Retail STRATEGIC ANALYSIS Provide strategic consultation and guidance on business proposals, promotional campaigns, sales programs and key financial decisions affecting the organization Present complex financial modeling in simplified form to Retail Leadership and senior finance executives, requiring excellent communication skills, a strong eye for business, and the ability to think fluidly during presentations BUSINESS PARTNERING Build strong business partnerships across Retail Market Development, Retail Geo Leadership, WW Corporate Finance teams, WW Sales Finance and more Assist the sales performance and geo focused teams by developing analyses, tools, processes and procedures to facilitate and monitor business initiatives Coordinate with the Apple shared service centers worldwide and manage quarter-close activities
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, or relevant field.