Data Engineering Leader, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are seeking a leader that will direct critical efforts building the next generation of our advertising platforms. Responsibilities range from core storage and processing capabilities, to mission-critical pipelines, to supporting online serving architectures, and leading edge, privacy preserving machine learning platforms. You will have the opportunity to define, refine, and/or refactor approaches and architectures to meet the data engineering challenges we must solve. You will lead a team of world-class data engineers hungry to apply leading-edge technologies to deliver great experiences to our customers. You and your team will play essential roles building data products that deliver on Apple's privacy commitments to our customers and change the way advertising works with data. You will collaborate closely with the business to deliver relevant data and insight to inform our strategy and decisions. You should have several years of experience leading data engineering teams, ideally within the ads space. You will have an excellent understanding of scalable architectures and thrive working in Agile environments. The ability to be a good team player under tight deadline constraints is key to success.
- You have demonstrated success in working with product management teams to define product requirements and implement solutions delivering data products to large scale, mission critical applications
- You understand modern data architectures, stay on top of developments, and are aware of what other leading players are doing
- You have a demonstrated ability to create designs/plans to scale, harden, extend architectures.
- You understand the challenges and have a track record of executing on roadmaps to change and evolve systems, enjoy changing engines while planes are flying
- You can advocate for the design and implementation choices in our architectures for data storage, distribution, management, processing, serving and consumption
- You have experience with platform approaches to data architecture at scale
- You have experience supporting data science teams and algo-based online systems
- You have experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka and other distributed frameworks
- You enjoy working closing with partners across a complex organization to build and create data driven products
- You have a track record successfully mentoring team members, and growing leaders in an organization
- You have built resilient organizations that can make the right decisions when you are not actively involved
- You have a passion to reinforce and enrich an engineering team culture driving team engagement and satisfaction
At Ad Platforms, we are constantly developing data products to provide amazing user experiences and drive value for publishers and developers. We are looking for a data engineering leader to guide the evolution of our data systems and team to meet the challenges of increasing scale and complexity in what we deliver. - Invent, design and implement new architectures and solutions using modern, distributed systems approaches and technologies. - Define and institute best practices in storage, processing, copy/synchronization, etc. appropriate to the scale and maturity of our products. - Work with cross functional teams to prototype new concepts and deliver end-to-end systems in an agile setting. - Produce high quality systems with excellent reliability and scalability.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Distributed Systems, Software Engineering, or related field and extensive experience designing, building, maintaining, and extending web-scale production data systems.