Financial Analyst - Information Systems & Technology
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the in industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its ambitious line up of products, including Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Apple Music. At Apple, you’ll share in a dedication to excellence by partnering with extraordinary managers and co-workers, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, collaboration, excellence, and proactive thinking. The Information Systems & Technology Finance Team provides high-quality financial support relating to the Company’s Capital Investments Portfolio, Data Center & Network Operations and internal IT infrastructure. Apple is seeking to fill a position within this Finance Team to support our dynamic and fast-paced environment, as well as, help this team scale with the Company’s growth. You will be responsible for IS&T Consolidated CAPEX & OPEX forecasting, analysis, process, controls and management reporting. This role is detailed and has many opportunities to provide insightful financial information to key partners across the Company. You need to be a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor to this organization.
- 3-5 years experience in Finance or Accounting role, with experience managing CAPEX, OPEX as well as working with the business
- Process re-engineering, data modeling and tool/system implementations preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task; Strong Excel skills required and SAP experience preferred
- Team player with a positive attitude and a focus on business issues
- The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture while working in the details, with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Experience in an information systems / technology environment a plus
- Financial analyst support for headcount planning/tracking, monthly CIP fixed asset review, Fixed Asset Physical Inventory, GR Audits, Capitalized labor analysis & JV preparation, business partner management, and accrual support for business partners through various financial planning & analysis tasks. - Consolidate and analyze operating and financial results, including analysis of budget vs. actual, monthly trends and other expense drivers. Report on Business Metrics, in addition to producing financial schedules. - Consolidate, analyze and play a key role in the continued development of our IS&T worldwide capital investments and planning process. Work with IT business leaders and other key partners across the business. Provide in depth support to Software Application Development teams in their CAPEX planning, reporting and analysis process. - Continue development of key processes, tools and analytics supporting the annual plan, forecast cycles and quarterly close for OPEX and headcount. Understand key drivers affecting the above processes and anticipate effects on our processes, deliverables and results as drivers change. - Provide backup support for the Purchase-to-Pay Process (Vendor Management) by processing purchase requisitions and ensuring proper purchase order management including timely payment of vendor invoices and expense recognition.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent