Purchase-to-Pay Analyst, Operations Finance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the in industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its ambitious line up of products, including Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Apple Music. At Apple, you’ll share in a dedication to excellence by partnering with extraordinary managers and co-workers, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking. The Operations Global Business Solutions Finance team is seeking a Purchase-to-Pay Analyst who will work with the Operations business teams in managing the Authorized Requestor process, including approving and monitoring Purchase Orders (POs), reviewing invoices / spend, managing KPIs, and supporting the accrual process. The role requires excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical/problem-solving skills, as it will partner with people across Business Teams, Corporate Procurement, and Finance.
- 3+ years finance/accounting work experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple cross functional teams.
- Handle several tasks and adapt to a global, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to problem solve and effectively prioritize one's workload.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong organization skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion within Apple’s policies.
- Strong financial systems and business application skills including SAP, eApproval, Microsoft Excel, and Tableau.
- Ensure purchase requisitions are raised in a timely manner and accordance with negotiated contracts and Apple Policy requirements. - Confirm timely approval of invoices with the proper level of support. - Monitor purchase orders and handle communications with the Initiators, Buyers, Procurement and Global Business Support teams. - Provide training and support to business partners, financial analysts, and Ops Finance management on Purchase to Pay processes. - Assist business partners with PO management in relation to budgets, reserves, and DRI transitions - Manage POs, including closing POs that are no longer needed and raising change orders to add funds to existing POs when needed. - Support the finance team with the quarter end close process (e.g. provide input on accruals, assist with reporting, etc). - Engage and develop excellent relationships with key business partners delivering a best in class business service. - Strive to meet service level targets (e.g. discount attainment, on-time payments, etc.). - Maintain a controlled and SOX compliant environment. - Help educate business partners on the P2P process and policies to ensure compliance and process efficiencies. - Work with suppliers to ensure they are aware of the best ways to invoice Apple to ensure invoices can be processed and paid in a timely and compliant manner.
Education & Experience
BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience