Head of Music - Apple Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that revolutionizes industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. iTunes revolutionized the way we consume music and entertainment; now, with Apple Music, our customers have instant access to more than 60 million songs, as well as personalized recommendations, inspiring playlists, direct artist access and Beats 1 radio. Truly all the music you love, all in one place. Our goal at Apple Music is to surprise and delight our customers, curating the music they love and helping them discover the hottest new talents. We are passionate about music, and we want an amazing like-minded person to join our team.
- Meaningful work experience and deep knowledge about the entertainment/media/music industries
- C-level established relationships within the music/digital/entertainment/media industries
- Proven track record of success developing business and programs, preferably in the Music space
- Proven leadership credentials
- An innate start-up mentality
- Excel at working in a dynamic environment within a global organization
- Enjoy to collaborate with a variety of teams and personalities
- Deep understanding of developing strong partnership within different levels of organizations, both internally and externally
- Live and breath music and technology
- Drive for results - a demonstrated track record of making things happen within a sophisticated matrix environment
- Influencing - you're able to drive objectives through key internal and external relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills and you're comfortable in delivering messages to all levels of an organization
- Fluency in English and Korean
You will play a vital role by working closely with established & up-and-coming artists, major labels as well as indies, media partners, creative agencies, financial institutions, carriers, and any other relevant industry player in the digital and mobile content distribution business in Korea. IN THIS ROLE YOU: - Will develop new strategic high impact growth initiatives for Apple Music. - Will be able to develop and execute a best-in-class strategy for Apple Music in Korea. - Will be responsible for the annual and quarterly strategic business plan to achieve the Apple Music growth objectives. - Will be able to develop and execute a strategy to build Apple Music as the top tier platform for K-pop. - Will be responsible to amplify K-pop artists in and outside of Korea with key strategic initiatives and partnerships. - Will work cross-functionally within Apple and with established & up-and-coming artists, major labels as well as indies, media partners, creative agencies, wireless carriers, financial institutions, carriers, and any other relevant industry player in Korea to execute programs with excellence - Will build, structure and execute demand generation activities to increase the number of trial and paid users of Apple Music in Korea via creative thinking and constant innovation.
Education & Experience
University degree or equivalent. MBA or equivalent is a plus.