Sr. Software Engineer, AMP Apple Music
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products Engineering in Culver City, CA is looking for an expert software engineer to help us improve and support the systems that power Beats 1. We are a small team passionate about building the tools necessary to enable users to quickly produce unique content for Apple Music. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 3-5 years experience building and deploying Ruby on Rails applications
- Knowledge of microservices and modern cloud architecture
- Experience with SQL and relational database systems (Postgres)
- Strong testing experience with RSpec
- Knowledge of Java programming language is helpful
- Previous experience with high profile projects and live streaming is beneficial
- Excellent debugging, analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills
In this role, you will be building tools and infrastructure used by people at Apple in various locations to produce live radio content on Beats 1 and Apple Music. You’ll partner with operations and production teams to enhance existing systems and improve the infrastructure and workflows required to keep Beats 1 streaming live 24/7. You should be able to work independently as well as collaborate with remote engineering teams, as many of the engineers you’ll work with are in Cupertino. To be the best, you will need to quickly iterate to incorporate user feedback, be disciplined, and have experience developing tools. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.