Sr. Software Engineer - App Discovery and Engagement
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re looking for a software engineer to help define the future of mobile and personal computing. Join the App Discovery and Engagement team and influence how apps are managed and integrated into Apple platforms, including secure installation, app discovery, Universal Link handling, Handoff, app extension integration, and the icon compositing pipeline. Your vision and impact will touch a wide variety of new products, from new hardware bring-up to iconic new user experience features. At Apple, we turn great ideas into great products that surprise and delight our customers. Bring passion and dedication to your job and you’ll have the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
- Minimum 3 years related software development experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Familiarity with iOS or macOS software technologies and tools
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with Objective-C, C, or C++
In this role you will be part of a small engineering team delivering mission-critical components for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. We develop a variety of frameworks and services for user-facing platform features and APIs for external developers. Some of the technologies we deliver include; Handoff, Universal Clipboard, Launch Services, and Universal Links. Your involvement will span from; brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, coding, debugging, through to shipping. You will also improve existing features based on customer feedback. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with the rest of the team, and with other Apple software teams from Core OS to UI frameworks and apps.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent
- Preferred Qualifications:
- - Experience designing APIs for app developers
- - Experience with interprocess communication (IPC) and concurrent programming techniques
- - Experience developing iOS or Mac software products