Mechanical Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are a small, productive team of passionate engineers building the infrastructure to validate a very wide range of Apple-designed devices that power the iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and more. We collaborate with electronic engineers to build mechanical fixtures for cutting-edge silicon packages, including sockets, thermal stations, and robotic chip testers. Our silicon characterization infrastructure enables our silicon engineering team to produce world-class silicon. We are looking for a Product Design/Mechanical Engineer to lead the design, development, and validation of test sockets, fixtures, and thermal solutions used for silicon characterization.
- Hands-on design experience in consumer electronic products or modules, direct fixture design experience is highly preferred
- 3D CAD experience required, NX preferred
- Familiarity with printed circuit board and flex circuit technology is required
- Disciplined in GD&T practices with close attention to datum establishment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors
- Teamwork: the candidate must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
- You will own the end-to-end mechanical development of test fixtures for silicon validation - Generate innovative socket and fixture designs with cross-functional teams - Work on detailed mechanical design of fixtures and thermal solutions - Perform FEA simulations to validate assemblies - Perform dimensional and tolerance analysis - Characterize socket CRES utilizing a socket tester - Bring up prototypes; solve problems and characterize performance - Work with socket suppliers and external fabricators to build solutions and ensure interoperability - Drive failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to reach design solutions and corrective actions
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D in EE or CS is required