Sr. Manager, Design Operations
Culver City, California, United States
We are looking for a Sr. Manager of Design Operations to join our Apple's Services Product & Design team. This team provides the foundation to empower the most impactful and creative products and people. This leader is able to strategize, guide, collaborate with, and deliver on programs and projects the that keep our international product and design studios and employees efficient and fulfilled. As an applicant, you bring experience leading operations in a design-forward studio. You will have acted as primary contact with recruiting, managed resource management processes, built out studio spaces with facilities, and worked with product and creative leads and executives to ensure their teams have what they need to get their jobs done well.
- 7+ years of experience in Creative Corporate or comparable areas.
- Comprehensive understanding of product and design processes and players.
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional efforts and keeping a strong collaborative tone.
- Excellent social, communication, and written skills.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across all levels of the organization with different types of personalities.
- Able to develop clear, concise documentation.
- Ability to think creatively and innovate.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- Shown ability to work well with others under pressure.
We are looking for someone with a passion for and experience in onboarding new creative hires, and developing means and measurements for retaining employees. Ideally this candidate will have had input and influence over what tools are appropriate for given teams and organizations, and know how to research, evangelize and train on them. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and independently oversee projects and programs from end to end and have experience leading, taking responsibility, solving problems, and thriving in a fast paced creative team environment. We are an international organization, with main hubs in Northern and Southern California as well as smaller hubs in London and Singapore. Some travel will be necessary to partner with colleagues and cross functional teams in other locales.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree preferred.