Gurgaon, Haryana, India
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM? We at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised industries. It’s the diversity of those people, their expertise and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join and help us leave the world better than we found it. To provide legal support to the team in relation to Apple business and projects in India.
- Indian qualified lawyer with 8-10 years' experience functioning as an attorney in a law firm or as in-house legal counsel relevant Indian experience.
- Behaviours: Initiative, flexibility and ability to adapt different types of cross-functional business requirement in short time frame. A flexible approach to extended working hours will be an advantage but not essential
- Good understanding of Business ethics, compliance and conduct.
- Ability to understand the business needs as well to communicate and summaries detailed legal analysis in accurate commercial context.
- Ability to multi-task and optimally handle conflict/stressful situations is essential.
- Reliability and ability to find a timely and practical solution to the business issue/problem in question.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collegial team with some supervision, within company guidelines and policies.
- Excellent communication in English. Proficiency in any other local or international language would be advantageous.
This role report into the Country Counsel in the provision of general legal, commercial legal and regulatory matters across designated business and support function verticals. Support negotiation, drafting, amendment and closure of channel and distribution agreement (including ancillary contracts) in conjunction with the relevant business teams/verticals. Support Corporate procurement team with the review, negotiation and advice of large procurement transactions; Assists the local sales business and cross functional team on legal and regulatory matters, in conjunction & coordination with Country Counsel, in relation to the provision of Apple’s Business. Obtains advice, performs legal research and prepare draft memoranda on legal aspects as well rollout of new sales program and development of new distribution/channels. Assists with the management of consumer litigation processes, regulatory disputes/notices and liaison with outside counsel and in-house team as the need arises. Occasional to frequent travel (within and outside of India) will be required.
Education & Experience
LL.B/LL.M from premium law school or recognised University in India.