Product Manager, Retail Internal Communications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Retail Marketing is looking for a Product Manager for our rapidly evolving internal Retail Communications team. Reporting to the Retail Marketing Platforms Manager, you’ll be responsible for setting the future vision and executing the annual roadmap for Apple Retail’s internal daily news application that serves more than 70,000 employees across stores and contact centers globally. You’ll use your expertise and experience to prioritize features that enable users to get inspired and informed with the job-critical content they need to deliver outstanding customer experiences. As the Product Manager, you’ll collaborate with partners across multiple teams to define and build new features that support Apple Retail’s priorities. You’ll translate business strategies and goals into a technology roadmap, working closely with engineering teams to assess the current state of the platform and charting out the course for its ongoing evolution. You will also lead all aspects of the roadmap for our platform's backend CMS system, ensuring an intuitive and efficient workflow for the publishing team that supports global comms in over 30 languages. You’ll account for how new features will impact existing publishing systems and processes, ensuring that technology roadmaps are developed with backend systems and process reengineering in mind. Overall, you are an advocate for our end users and their capacity for content consumption. Your work gives our publishers the focus to create great content daily.
- 7-10+ years of software product management, preferably on content systems
- A demonstrated passion for how audiences consume and experience digital content, and a history of advocating on their behalf
- You have the ability to clearly articulate strategy and requirements to engineering, analytics, and business partners
- Have a demonstrated ability to build rapport, credibility, and influence others to get results across a large, matrixed organization
- Consistent record delivering complex projects demonstrating a broad set of technologies
- Passionate about user experience; able to encourage and educate designers and engineers with thought-provoking objectives and customer-centric use cases
- Possess decision-making and prioritization skills, with experience planning complex production schedules
- Superhuman attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Apple’s history, and able to exemplify our company culture in all communications and interactions
- Proactive, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Build and manage the product roadmap, collaborating with key partners throughout the broader organization. - Negotiate and set priorities and expectations with other teams, evangelizing each release to other teams and partners. - Help own the design and development process between various internal and external teams. - Oversee and update the production schedule, ensuring each release is timely and solves requirements. - Represent business goals and feature solutions with cross-functional teams, determining and following through relevant action items for the working team to address. - Optimize user experience through intuition, analysis of quantitative data, and qualitative research/customer interviews. - Monitor the health of platforms at all times along with the associated risks and implications to timelines, leading the resolution of cross-functional issues. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.