E-commerce Content Production Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction should fuel your creativity? The Apple Online Store is seeking a dynamic, web savvy content management professional to join the Digital Content Management (DCM) Production team. A large and highly energetic execution group, the numerous teams within DCM work together to deliver the exceptional online shopping experience expected from Apple. We work hard and have a good time doing it! As a Content Production Specialist with the DCM Production team, you will be responsible for updating and maintaining product and marketing content across multiple online platforms and apps worldwide. From product launches to marketing initiatives, major feature changes to daily updates, your work will directly impact the experience for millions of Apple customers across the globe who visit the Apple Online Store every single day. You have a strong e-commerce background with CSS and HTML experience, and are comfortable navigating a diverse set of content management systems. You'll be part of a large, tight-knit team, ensuring high quality results while meeting ambitious deadlines. You are deeply detail oriented, technically-minded, and comfortable with change and uncertainty in a dynamic work environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in technology, operations, e-commerce and/or customer support organization.
- HTML and CSS proficiency.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with online content management systems.
- A quick, flexible learner that can adapt to constant change and ambiguous situations.
- A reliable teammate who is able to collaborate closely within a big and diverse team.
- Utmost attention to detail and ability to decipher and troubleshoot complex code issues.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to see the big picture in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to remain calm and good-natured while experiencing aggressive deadlines and increased complexity.
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule during critical business periods.
- Exhibits high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Foreign language fluency is a plus.
The DCM team maintains and manages all customer facing content on the Apple Online Store as well as the Apple Store App. As a Content Production Specialist, you will work closely with our DCM web development team as the recipient of CSS and HTML code handoffs to be processed and entered into a number of internal content management tools. While you will not be creating the code itself, you must be comfortable manipulating and updating raw HTML and CSS to be used by our internal systems. You will maintain clean, accurate, well-organized content, while executing on complex marketing and product launch plans across the global Apple Online Store. Day-to-day duties include the creation and publishing of merchandising assets, product pages, and marketing initiatives, while handling multiple versions of content and image assets across a multitude of languages and customer segments. You are expected to actively validate your own work, maintaining the highest level of quality in everything that you do. You will also help the team to identify and drive ways to continuously improve upon production processes as you work with the various functions both within and external to DCM. Other responsibilities include support, testing, and implementation of tooling and system features, creation and maintenance of documentation, and training fellow DCM Production Specialists.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree, or equivalent