Applied Scientist / Engineer (ICASSP 2020)
Cupertino, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Combining groundbreaking machine learning techniques with next-generation hardware, our teams take user experiences to the next level. We are looking for applied scientists and engineers to join our teams in Cupertino, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Boston, Cambridge (UK), Cheltenham (UK), and Beijing.
- Strong background in speech, language, text, dialogue processing, or sensors
- Experience applying machine learning to solve practical problems
- Solid understanding of foundational statistics concepts and ML algorithms
- Strong software engineering abilities, ideally C++, Java, and/or Python
- Passion for building research demo prototypes and turning them into production quality design/implementation
- Experience with deep learning toolkits, e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch
- Curious about new technologies and passionate about exploring new use cases
- Creative, collaborative, and product focused
At Apple, you will design, develop, and deploy large scale services and platforms. We're looking for exceptionally skilled and creative scientists and engineers eager to get involved in hands-on work to improve our technologies by applying machine learning. You will also collaborate with teams across Apple, who are building the newest, most compelling intelligent applications in the world. This is a unique opportunity to apply machine learning, deep learning, time-series data techniques at the intersection of areas such as speech recognition, natural language processing, multimodal sensors, TTS dialogue management, acoustic modeling, language modeling and tools development. You should be creative, enthusiastic, and ready to communicate and collaborate with multiple teams.
Education & Experience
PhD, MS, or BS in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related fields