Secure Design Cloud, Security Reviewer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Secure Design Cloud team at Apple is growing! We are looking for a Security Reviewer to join our team. You will collaborate with developers, deployment engineers, and security teams to secure Apple Cloud applications and services in the present and work with the team to design future of security for services at Apple. Your activities will include full end-to-end security assurance activities including security architecture, threat modeling, security testing (including code review) and executing risk mitigation strategies. You will be working with partner teams in security engineering, security automation, privacy, and offensive security to keep Apple's services secure for our users. You will work with complex technology and diverse threat landscape and educate teams on secure application design, development, and testing. Expect to be exposed to a broad range of systems, including network, platform, storage, web applications, orchestration, distributed processing, and virtualized environments.
- Passionate about keeping Apple’s customers safe online
- Loves pursuing difficult and novel problems in a highly complex environment
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Listens for nuances and digs into details to understand systems deeply
- Innate curiosity
- Ability to detect areas that are ripe for improvement and establishes appropriate security goals
- Influences and collaborates with colleagues (engineering teams) to develop secure solutions and to accomplish security goals
- Keeps up to date with new security technologies and methodologies
You will be: A technical expert responsible for Apple's internet-facing services security Work multi-functionally with teams throughout Apple on technology and initiatives to improve security Design, develop, and implement security controls and tools that improve the defense of Apple Cloud Services infrastructure and applications Work with engineers to analyze systems, threat model new features, identify security vulnerabilities in implementation, and recommend security controls to ensure end-to-end customer protection Develop production fixes to complex vulnerabilities at all layers of the stack Lead ground breaking security efforts at a scale, you will only find at Apple
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
- This position may require some travel to other Apple sites, vendors and security conferences.