Product Manager - Apple Music, Ecosystem
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Are you someone who’s looking to be a part of a team that wants to change the world? Do you possess a passion to think differently and challenge conventional approaches to problem solving? At Apple, we’re focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers improve their quality of life. The Internet Software & Services (IS&S) team at Apple provides our global customers access to an incredible collection of amazing content and features across music, movies, apps, books, news, and much more. We are seeking an experienced Product Manager with a passion for music to join the IS&S Product team. We are looking for someone who understands the Apple ecosystem, 3rd party platforms and developers, can work in quick and rapid iterative cycles, has the creativity and humility to formulate new ideas and approaches, is oriented strongly towards problem solving, and above all, uses discovery and structured thinking to inform their approach. This Product Manager will build innovative capabilities while collaborating with internal and external partners, and evangelizing the Apple Music platform, ensuring adoption and unlocking growth. Interest in evaluating the competitive landscape, and look for opportunities to innovate are essential traits. The Product Manager is a master at working across various parts of the company, and will work closely with design, engineering, data analytics and marketing teams to build a roadmap of ideas all aimed at improving the Apple Music experience across all platforms.
- 8+ years of experience in software/media product development. Experience with APIs, SDKs, voice platforms, partners, or developer relations a plus
- Strong developer product instincts; you intuitively understand why product ideas will be effective and gain adoption
- Analytical and technical; you have the ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, identify key insights, spot optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions
- Deeply detail focused; you believe that an extraordinary product is the sum of an inordinate number of small, thoughtful decisions
- Exhibit a bias towards action and experimentation
- Produce articulate and inspired presentations to communicate your vision and plans.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a wide range of team members and job functions – all the way up to executives
- Experience with global teams and international product expansion a plus
- Have experience with APIs, SDKs, voice products.
- Experience with music or media industry preferred.
Lead a cross-functional team of data scientists, designers, engineers, program managers, and marketers to prioritize growth and product enhancements based on impact. Execute rapidly to capture signal, and continuously iterate on the product design and service features to improve customer growth. Work hand-in-hand with engineering, design and data analytics partners to analyze results and synthesize findings. Deep curiosity to identify key opportunities and ability to develop experiment driven proposals. Own and deliver on key measurable metrics each quarter Clearly communicate strategy in a structured way to socialize your roadmap and report results Stay on top of standard methodologies across the industry to develop a resource of growth tactics
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree or equivalent working experience
- This is a Cupertino based role.