Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a role in bringing autonomous technologies to the real world. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated data engineer to partner with us in our efforts to measure and evaluate autonomous technologies. You will help engineer and generate data-driven insights into system performance (spanning hardware, software, and services) as well as synthesize critical data for engineers and leadership across the program.
- Experience working with large datasets from many data sources and formats
- Experience creating reusable, scalable architectures to prepare data for downstream consumption
- Experience visualizing and communicating key information within datasets
- Ability to parse complex, ambiguous datasets into clear data models
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Passion for high quality deliverables for a variety for customers and data needs
• Develop data models for utilizing the rich data involved in creating an autonomous system • Build and scale data pipelines for a large, multifaceted organization • Build an understanding of the variety of domains required to build an autonomous system, and provide clear frameworks for connecting each domain’s data into a complete picture • Create visualizations to help users understand the available data • Synthesize large, unstructured data into clear and broadly usable datasets
Education & Experience
BS/MS (or equivalent experience) in CS/Data Engineering/Data Science
- 5+ years experience with large-scale, distributed ETL/ELT pipelines, as well as data management, modeling, and storage
- Experience with big data tools: Presto, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills