System Architecture Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have phenomenal system architecture fundamentals: a deep understanding of how data flows in a system, developed intuition on product definition, and can apply it to new features through experience
- Must have strong analytical skills to lead the team on key systems engineering architectural and implementation trade-offs including power and performance in a thermally constrained system, analyzing silicon, PCB, and interconnect floor plans while taking SI, EMC and RF into consideration
- Broad knowledge of technologies from fundamental theory of operation to system requirements to integration challenges in areas including displays, cameras, audio, sensors, wireless, and power.
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end as well as experience creating and influencing system specification documents
- Strong verbal communication skills across organizations and at the executive level
- Excellent written skills for clear reporting of data analysis and conclusions
You have excellent engineering skills. Your team will be a collection of experienced architects and technology experts, and they’ll expect you to be able to keep up with them. This means you have deep experience in consumer electronics architecture, and you love being in the details. You have a strong dynamic personality that enables you to be a leader. Your leadership enables you to direct and focus an experienced technical team, and build relationships with cross-functional teams. You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and skilled in working through it in order to bring clarity to your team and peers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in electrical engineering or computer engineering 15+ years work experience 10+ years managing a team