Automation Tools Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Cocoa Frameworks engineering group and help build and test APIs for macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. Our team is responsible for key technologies including the AppKit, CoreData, CoreText, CoreGraphics and Foundation frameworks. We work on projects that focus on improving a broad range of developer and user experiences for all of Apple’s platforms. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
- 3+ years experience managing engineers, preferably test development engineers, software or dev ops
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager
- Good programming skills in Objective C, Swift or C/C++ as well as scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies and practices including triaging, debugging, testing, etc.
- Experience in automation frameworks and tools development.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting engineering teams with multiple projects along with maintaining engineering lab spaces. You will lead a passionate team of engineers to design, develop and maintain testing frameworks and tools used to automate our integration and QA workflows. We cover the entire range of testing from white box to black box. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - Provide outstanding leadership and foster and environment of collaboration, respect and innovation. - Design and build tools that help our QA/Integration teams focus on what is unique to their products and avoid overlapping efforts. - Engage with system framework developers to build automation and simplify developer workflows. - Manage and track build and test pipelines and provide daily quality snapshots. - Triage OS and Test failures - Build up and effectively run our automation and test labs.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent