SOC Productization Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Come to Apple and be at the center of the action on new custom silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking products as a SOC Productization Engineering Program Manager (EPM). In this high profile role you will work with the Product/Test Engineering team to ensure successful launch of New Products and Mass Production support of SoCs powering Apple’s extraordinary product lines. As an EPM within Apple's Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) organization, you will be responsible for planning, implementation and ongoing support of silicon from productization standpoint. This links closely to handling build schedules, Test Program releases, functional testing and process maturity. The SEG environment is dynamic and ever-changing; flexibility is a requirement. The ability to prioritize and react quickly is needed. The position includes working closely with multiple internal Engineering teams and Material teams. The goal is to provide engineering support for the development and validation of ground breaking silicon material, spanning engineering design phases through production release and ramp.
- Requires 4-5 years experience in SOC/VLSI Chip Design/Validation, Product Engineering, with 2+ years of Technical Program Management/ Engineering Management experience.
- Experience working with SoCs in high volume environment.
- Great leadership with a collaborative mindset.
- Excellent communicator, well articulated
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from complex technical discussions and translate into succinct messaging for cross-functional and executive status reporting.
- Ability to connect the dots and identify gaps in process, planning and propose mitigations
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management.
- Excellent debugging skills. Must demonstrate ability to drive resolution of critical problems under pressure.
- Strong desire to own/drive project development using well defined metrics.
- Comfortable with fast paced schedule driven development.
- Experience working with Foundry/ Packaging / OSATs/ external vendors.
• You will have key responsibilities that directly impact Apple’s product line success • Interface and drive closure of critical silicon issues with cross-functional teams to enable successful SoC mass production ramp. • Enable tight collaboration between DFT, Product Engineering/Test/Quality, Silicon Validation, and Systems teams during NPI to finalize SoC performance targets and screen requirements. • Drive simple and effective processes from “lessons learned” to avoid quality and execution issues early in development cycle. • Disciplined issue tracking, organizing and reporting of program risks, status, and options for resolution to executive management.
Education & Experience
BSEE required (MSEE preferred)