EPS - Reliability Lab Work Flow
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come join a dedicated team of Hardware Reliability Technicians and Engineers who are committed to making Apple's products more durable. We work in a highly collaborative lab environment, balancing several projects and deadlines simultaneously. We're looking for someone to help us establish systems and procedures to manage the flow of work into the lab, establish lab audits, and gather and analyze metrics to identify areas where we can improve efficiency.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with proven time management skills
- Ability to optimally collaborate with people from multiple teams Comfortable working in a fast-paced and flexible environment Experience in a dynamic test lab
- Familiar with reliability test equipment (environmental chambers, microscopes, mechanical stress equipment, electro-mechanical lab equipment, multi-meters, etc.)
- Experience with workflow management is a huge plus Conversant with Mac OS, Windows OS, iWork, and MS Office Working knowledge of Tableau and JIRA software is a plus
In this role, you will establish systems and procedures to ensure all reliability test plans submitted to the lab are clear, and then you will route requests to the accurate internal or external partner to be executed on time with the highest quality. You will work closely with requesters to ensure all expectations are clear and reasonable prior to assigning the request to the person who will execute the test. If work is sent to an external partner, you will lead all aspects of communication and keep all necessary parties updated. You will also compile and analyze lab metrics and then make recommendations on how to improve efficiencies in our workflow. In addition to managing and analyzing workflow, you will help establish and coordinate lab audits to ensure equipment is accurately maintained, SOPs are being followed, and any necessary corrective actions are addressed in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's in Mechanical, Materials, Physics, or Electrical Engineering or 5+ years relevant work experience