Sr. Software Engineer, Security
San Francisco, California, United States
The Engineering + Design team in Apple’s Information Security organization works on products that protect Apple. Our team is made up of engineers and designers, and the products we build are in use throughout the company. Our work contributes to setting the standards for frontend engineering best practices and design first principles throughout the organization.
- As a Full-Stack Software Engineer you:
- Have a working knowledge of technologies like Docker, Postgres, MySQL, Redis, and GraphQL.
- Have good knowledge of data graphics and visualization libraries.
- Have experience writing Rest APIs that are capable of efficiently handling hundreds of thousands of read and write operations per day.
- Have an excellent eye for what makes for good user experience and design.
- Have a strong work ethic and a constructive mindset about dealing with ambiguity.
- Value evidence-based opinions and are vocal about decisions that don’t make sense.
- Think strategically about problems and strive to generalize solutions into standard methodologies for the wider team.
- Are self-motivated, ambitious and, above all, results-driven.
- Possibly worked at a startup and enjoyed the focus and pragmatism of that kind of environment.
- Have at least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Have experience with running deployment pipelines.
- Have a good background in performance, data modeling in relational and non-relational database systems, and systems architecture.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is passionate about architecting and deploying solutions that can stand the test of time. Someone with in-depth knowledge of Web technologies, a strong record of deploying them, and a positive attitude about work.
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.