Senior Java Software Engineer - Apple Employee Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here… At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions to complex problems? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. IS&T Corporate Systems team is about to embark on one of its biggest transformation initiatives. The program comprises a complete transformation of a custom built system to a cloud platform. We are looking for a Backend Software engineer to work with our team of high-performing software engineers. Our teams foster a collaborative environment with creative, smart & fun people using state of the art technologies. Engineering excellence is expected. Come join us for this once in a lifetime opportunity in building solutions for Apple that has worldwide impact.
- 4+ years of software development experience designing and building commercial/enterprise class backend platform/components.
- Deep understanding, and strong hands on experience - Multithreading, Networking (including non-blocking IO), HTTP and REST APIs.
- Understanding of web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, SAML, WSDL.
- Expert level skills of Core Java + Spring
- Working experience in SQL and NoSQL DBs
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs
- Experience building highly performing and scalable backend components (a keen eye to performance/responsiveness of the backend services is a must for this role).
- Solid knowledge of application performance improvement techniques and caching solutions.
- Be an advocate and driver for performance optimization, automation, and unit/integration tests
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and effectively collaborating across teams.
- Good Oral and written english communication skills.
- Tireless attention to detail
- Ability to wear multiple hats and a can-do attitude.
You will be part of the core team that builds services and integrations to/from a SaaS/cloud-based ERP systems both external and internal to Apple. This is a hands-on role in the development of software systems to support existing and new product features. This is a highly collaborative role that will require working with many different teams and internal customers in a fast paced environment. It is a great opportunity for an experienced and results-oriented person who enjoys working with cross-functional teams. You will be part of an Agile team and take part in every aspect of the product, from planning to design to implementation and documentation. You will work closely with engineers, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best-in-class secure and scalable systems. You will play a key role developing distributed build and orchestration systems, increase the velocity and confidence of our deployments with enhanced observability and continuous delivery, and design tools and workflows that improve engineering efficiency. At Apple, code quality and functional quality is aways at the forefront and one of the key measures of success.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 7+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 4+ years experience, or equivalent.
- - Working knowledge Spring Reactor or reactive development
- - Working knowledge on gRPC is a plus
- - Working experience in Search platforms like SOLR, Elastic
- - Experience on working with SaaS, Paas, RaaS solutions
- - Knowledge of HR systems will be a big plus