AppleCare Field Service Diagnostics - Software QA Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare’s Field Service Diagnostics Engineering team is seeking candidates with a strong QA automation background to help validate Mac / iOS diagnostic and repair tools used in the field service channels. This position requires a passionate and self-motivated individual with QA automation experience, excellent cross-functional communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to adjust to rapid change.
- - 4+ years of software QA experience or a related field.
- - Possess a solid understanding of software testing and QA methodologies.
- - Intermediate knowledge of Unix-based systems and command-line tools for interfacing with binaries, debugging, and automation; python or other scripting knowledge is a plus.
- - Experience with automated test harness configuration and management.
- - Experience with source control technologies like Git.
- - In-depth familiarity with operating and troubleshooting Apple hardware and software; take-apart and repair experience is a plus.
- - Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and confident in managing and re-prioritizing daily tasks as needed.
- - Curiosity and willingness to deep dive into technical areas as needed, and ability to summarize key points and author clear documentation.
- - Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrives in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
- - Proven ability to accurately collect and track testing data, and to assist developers and project leads in gauging test coverage and impact.
- Develop new and improve existing automated tests for web applications, APIs, and macOS/iOS applications. - Work closely with engineering teams to build and maintain automated test suites. - Use bug-tracking software to report and prioritize issues; work with developers and team leads to understand and pursue issues to resolution. - Provide project managers and team leads with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases. - Collaborate with and provide support to developers, readiness, localization, and other cross-functional teams. - Identify and close gaps in testing coverage with automated tests or tools. - Execute and oversee all activities in a test plan to ensure that objectives are met.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience