Senior Software Engineer, Engineering Productivity
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The Advertising Platform at Apple is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Global Engineering Productivity team in Austin. You will be working with a group of highly skilled engineers to develop future on-demand Kubernetes based development and test environments for Product teams with automated tools for ensuring the stability of this environment while supporting rapid deployment. Automate and accelerate the deployment process from check-in to production. This is an excellent opportunity to have a large impact on an entire engineering organization! We need you to champion ideas to provide continuous improvements to engineering experience in the Ad Platform group. You will get to be creative and autonomous while building various integrations and orchestrations in an Agile team. As part of this team, you will provide technical leadership, mentorship and drive technical impact. You will work with engineering teams across Ad Platform and get to know how ideas turn into products from end to end. You will research Ad Platform’s continuous integration requirements, design, and foster effective solutions for a variety of technologies. You'll get to take on challenges around user experience, scale, security, analytics and cross-platform portability.
- Have 5+ years of experience with languages like Java, Python, C++, and have proficiency in OO design principles.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions (AWS, etc.) and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of managing a huge number of applications in Kubernetes based Dev environment.
- Expert knowledge in and strong hands-on experience with application configuration, infrastructure, automation, and operations.
- Experience with infrastructure management tools (Puppet, Chef, Terraform).
- Experience with CI/CD tools.
- Tactics and strategies for engineering productivity internal products to highly technical users in a large multi-product SaaS organization.
- Ability to transform visions & roadmaps into reality.
- Ability to lead and collaborate with remote teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering efficiency and velocity. - Provide thought leadership, technical direction and architectural input into product vision and roadmap development. - Drive Metrics-driven suggestions to improve engineering velocity and throughput. - Work closely with senior leadership to transform visions & roadmaps into reality. - Cultivate collaboration between the Engineering Productivity team and other Engineering teams. - Build and support the next generation of cloud-based development environment using Kubernetes and docker - Develop ground breaking tools to improve the productivity of our Engineering organization. - Build and Improve the next generation of continuous integration and continuous delivery system - Find opportunities for improvement by challenging the status quo and suggesting alternative and creative solutions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.